Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Last Night as a Family of Six...

Tonight we've had a few errands to run; after I left work at 4pm I stopped at the bank to pick up our "new" money and then I came home because Brandon had a trap shoot meet with school and Colin had baseball practice until 6:15. It wasn't the best night to be outside with the light rain, but they had fun doing their thing.

Once we got home we once again went over all of our lists to be sure we were not forgetting anything. I also checked our email as I was hoping to finally hear what our hotel arrangements are so I can pass that information on to our family. I was very happy to see that we at least know the hotel that we will be staying at in Beijing - The Hotel Hau Du. However, apparently, the other hotel arrangements are still being confirmed. As much as we are looking forward to this journey, I will be so happy to land back on US soil and have this process completed.

As I type this I am amazed that our 5+ year journey is finally nearing completion - I am so looking forward to the next phase of of our lives with the addition of our daughter. Tonight, I have been watching our boys (young men) and admiring our family and am growing with excitement at the thought of our daughter joining this great mix of people! There are so many people who have joined in our excitement along the way (you know who you are) and I want to thank all of you for that - family and friends - who have really made this journey possible. You have helped to carry us along in some of our most desperate moments. Jadyn is already loved by so many people and we will be sure to post many pictures of our travels over the coming weeks.

Time to pack up the luggage, tuck the boys in bed and dream about our journey that begins tomorrow.

Wishing you thanks and many blessings -

No comments: