Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day...

I'd like to wish my husband a Happy Father's Day! He truly is a wonderful dad to our boys and our daughter will be one lucky little girl to have him as a daddy!!! I love you, honey!

This day has also now become one of reflection for me and it goes without saying, there is a twinge of hurt wishing I could pick up that phone, just one more time...to say "hi Dad" and hear his casual and easy, "hey honey" or "hi daughter #2" in reply.

Today, I wish I could hear his voice as I remind him how much I love him and wish him a Happy Father’s Day. I hope he hears me, I hope his presence in my heart is as real as it was when he was with me in life. Something deep inside tells me there is some truth in that.

Happy Father's Day, Dad.

I love you. :)

No comments: