Tuesday, June 09, 2009

One Year Without My Dad...

Today is the one year mark of my Dad's death. It has been a difficult year for our entire family; we have all missed him so much. He was such an important influence in my life growing up and I have really felt his absence at times.

My sister and I drove up by my Mom and we spent time together as a family with my brother and his family. It was a nice day and in the afternoon we met at the cemetary to say a prayer and release some balloons with personal notes we had all written. When they went up into the sky they actually formed a cross! We like to think that was Dad's way of saying that he knew we were there. Then we went out to dinner and celebrated his life with stories and memories. He left a wonderful mark on this world in the family he created with my Mom and the many lives he touched through his friendships; we are all better people for knowing him!

Here is my Dad during the time he served in the Navy; I'm very proud of him!


Here is a picture of my Dad and me on my wedding day - I love this picture!


This is a picture of my Dad and our oldest son, Justin, just after he was born. He was his first grandchild - that is one proud Grandpa!!!


This is my Dad and me at Christmas when I was 5 months pregnant with my 4th child; we were comparing belly sizes:) He gave me a run for my money!


Here is one of my favorite pictures of my Mom and Dad.


Here is my Dad with my oldest son, Justin. They loved hunting together; he taught Justin everything he knows!


Here is a picture of the last time that I saw my Dad; it was my son Justin's graduation - this was the day before he died.

No comments: