Wednesday, February 03, 2010

And Still We Wait...

I spoke to our social worker late yesterday afternoon and she didn't have any information to share with me. Apparently, the process goes something like this:

Minnesota agency receives packet - sends to our agency in Portage after translation - our social worker calls us when she has it in hand and says to come in and see our precious little one's face. Our agency is about an hour and a half away from where we live and I just started a new job a little over 5 months ago so I'd like to give them a little bit of notice that I will need time off and when. Jerry is a police officer and he just can't leave without coverage for his shift - I explained this to the social worker and she said that she would email the main agency in Minnesota to try to find out what they know so that we can prepare to take off of work to come to the agency and pick up the packet. THIS WAS YESTERDAY AT 4PM...I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HER!!!

A few more of my April buddies are getting their calls today which makes me so happy! Although, I know that there are still a couple of us waiting for news and it is getting more and more difficult with each passing day; we just continue to try to support one another.

Especially, since I haven't heard from my social worker to say that the agency in Minnesota even received the package yesterday via FedEx. That means, that it may not get to them until today's delivery, then they have to do their 'thing', and FedEx it to my agency in Portage (probably going out Thursday) which means it probably won't get to Portage until Friday- YIKES!!! I'm not sure I can hold on that long! I'm going to go bananas!!!

No comments: