Thursday, February 11, 2010

Her Bedroom...

I know I've been away for a few days, but it has been a busy few days:) It was a painting marathon over the weekend because we both wanted to get Jadyn's room done. It felt so good to finally work on it and see it come together. Now, we just need our little girl!

I started painting on Friday night at 6 p.m. after we got back from our trip to Portage to pick up our referral packet. I went until midnight when I ran out of purple paint. It was a good thing that I ran out or I may have stayed up all night to get it done!

Saturday morning we ran a couple of errands and picked up more paint, then I got to work, with more of Justin's help, at around 1 p.m. and we worked until about 10:30 p.m. I only had one small section of a pink stripe left to complete on Sunday. Saturday night Jerry, Justin, and Brandon put together the crib, dollhouse bookshelf, vanity table and stool, hung the pictures, butterflies, and placed the applique (which you really can't see well above her crib) that reads "Such a Big Miracle in Such a Little Girl".

We had a great time working on the room; our two little guys, Ryan and Colin, even wanted to get in on the painting. They were determined to help with their sister's room! I have to get some new curtains since the bedding set only came with one valance and I bought it about 3 years ago, so I know I will not be able to find another valance. I think some shear curtains tied back would look nice, too!

Here are a couple of pictures; although, the colors are not really true to life:



No comments: