Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wow! My head is spinning…

I have been busy trying to accomplish a lot of things in the last few days. I had to complete some paperwork so that they can begin Jadyn’s adoption paperwork in China. I have completed visa applications for Jerry and me (three times over). I have ordered a care package for Jadyn through Ann at Red Thread (love her!) and she has already requested updated information and pics for us through the orphanage, but she said that the orphanage is crazy slow so we are not sure how long it will take. I wrote a letter to Jadyn’s foster mother to send with the care package and Ann will translate that so I hope to get some of my questions answered. I did send a SASE so she could send a reply or maybe we will just receive it when we travel, we’ll see.

I have compiled my packing list (mostly going off of my cousin’s – thank you Anne! (CheeseinChina) and am trying to cross items off accordingly. Jerry and Justin are actually on a mad shopping trip today to get much of it done. I have been reading up on all of the travel tips that I can get my hands on – and, I just found out that there is a trade fair in China that begins on April 15! This is not good news for us unless we can be in and out of there by then. Now, I know why many of the flights are starting to fill up in early April. The costs for travel and accommodations will skyrocket due to the trade fair, if we are lucky enough to find any. Hopefully, our TA (travel assignment) will come next week and we can book our flights – please keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments: