Monday, March 01, 2010

The Care Package...

I received an email from Ann at Red Thread with two pictures of the care package that I ordered; it includes some cashew shortbread cookies and tea for the foster family and a panda bear and blanket for Jadyn. It also has a letter that I wrote to the foster family with some questions that I've asked about Jadyn and a disposable camera that they will hopefully use to take pictures while we wait to come and meet them. It looks great!




Here is a close up of the blanket; I think she wanted to be sure that I knew it was pink since I accidentally ordered the 'boy' package on the website - she was sure to correct that error for me!



Ann is wonderful and I highly recommend her!

I've been busy shopping and packing; I have almost all of the items from my list and most of it fits into one suitcase and the two backpacks, but not all. I am also worried about the weight limit so I will have to distribute the items accordingly; I still have to get one more suitcase, though, and then we should be all set.

I am waiting for our visas and then I have to get our paperwork in order. This past weekend I got my new computer up and running and have my oldest son, Justin, loading my camera and camcorder software on it today. He is also going to be labeling the cords and chargers so we can begin to pack up the laptop backpack. We will want to make sure everything is fully charged before we leave though.

Now, we just need to wait on our TA which will hopefully come in the next week and then we can book our plane tickets - WoooHooo!

No comments: