Friday, March 26, 2010

A Disappointing Travel Update...

My SW emailed me late yesterday with an update from the partner agency stating that our TA's still have not arrived. The email also stated that our China coordinator has been looking at possible travel dates. He said that with the trade show in Guangzhou on the week of April 12, he would prefer not to have families travel then, because their hotels would cost 2-3 times as much if they did so (already knew that!). So he is looking at travel with arrival dates around the 19th. The family should not book flights until he schedules the Consulate appt., but that at least gives a rough idea.

I knew from the minute I heard the words Trade Show that we would be in trouble. Everything that could possibly impact our process has and why would this be any different?

So, looks like we have another 3 weeks to wait until we can leave - I am frustrated, depressed, sad, angry, and longing to hold my little girl! It is hard to believe that she was just 6 1/2 months old when we were matched, but she will be 9 months old by the time we get to hold her.

I'm off to try to find something positive out of all of this...

1 comment:

Karen said...

I am right there with you, feeling sad. Some of our group got TA & booked flights today. I want to go get my girl!